Welcome to Globalphile.com. We curate the best in travel content for the independent, sophisticated, creative and design-conscious traveler that will help them craft and create the ultimate experiences in the destinations they wish to explore and discover.
The traveler will learn about the culture, which areas to explore, what not to miss in new architecture and great design, and where to discover the most desirable in art, music, theater, dance, food, wine, shopping and accommodations. The information for a fabulous trip will be clearly organized for you on the site and will help you sift through what can be endless information online. “We give you the tools to venture out and see the world.”
We cover many of the top destinations around the world, which are researched thoroughly by reviewing the content from more than 100 knowledgeable sources from around the globe and, unlike many sources, visiting each of the destinations we cover. We will continually add new locations and content as our research and travels are completed. So visit us often and sign up for our updates!
The site information is curated by the Globalphile Curator. In all of his travels for over 40 years, he has never received any compensation or sponsorship for any meals, transportation or accommodations from any company mentioned on the site. We are not beholden to anyone!
Please share the information that you like with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest. Whether you book your trip on your own or you find the best deal through the daily offers by Groupon, Jetsetter or Vacationist, once you decide where to go, Globalphile.com will help you plan what to do while you are there.
About the Curator
Robert H Glaze The Globalphile Curator/Photographer
I have traveled to over 840 cities in 40 countries around the world. My experiences over more than 40 years of travel have been life changing, since I have been exposed to different religions and cultures around the world. I feel like I am a citizen of the world and not just of the United States. I truly hope that by helping you in your travels, that it will result in some of the same life changing experiences that I have had.
I have a passion for photography and have taken numerous photography workshops and classes including some by top National Geographic photographers. I also have a passion for art, architecture and great design. I, therefore, curate all that I see through this creative lens.
As a result:
- I love to find the right hotel, the right restaurant and the right neighborhood to explore.
- I love seeing the great new design that is popping up all over the world in hotels, stores and restaurants. However, I am still drawn to some older traditional spots like the perfect French cafe with just the right atmosphere.
- I am drawn to shop windows, to people, to the hustle and bustle of a city.
- I love history.
- I love small boutique hotels, inns and bed and breakfasts rather than large impersonal hotels and resorts.
- I like visiting third world countries, but still want a hot shower, a nice dinner and a good bed at night.
- I love being exposed to different religions and cultures.
- I like exploring cities on my own without a guide, but do like private guides and drivers when in Asia or other countries where the language can be a problem.
- I love color and texture. As a result, I am drawn to the colored walls of Mexico, the tiles of Marrakech and the colorful graffiti of Berlin.
- I love the sounds of the city from the markets, the cafes, church bells and the call to prayer in Muslim countries.
- I love buying local crafts and textiles and surrounding myself with these treasures in my home.
- I like being and feeling like a local by taking subways and public transportation and hanging out away from the tourists.
- I prefer great walking cities like Paris, New York or Istanbul. Sometimes getting lost can lead to some of the best experiences.
- I love going to art museums, visiting galleries, seeing a wonderful play, hearing an amazing concert and eating a great meal with the perfect glass of red wine.